Technological Research and development is one of our key success factors. The company’s founders had been studying the theoretical background of business software development during their PhD studies and they were able to utilize their experiences and results in the frameworks, which was created by INITON.
Our highly qualified IT engineers, software engineers and economist colleagues have gained a wide range of experience during cooperating with innovative companies of the ICT sector. We have direct contacts to the departments of some of the leading Hungarian universities such as BME (Budapest University of Technology and Economics) and ELTE (Eötvös Loránd University) thereby we can involve researchers with scientific degrees and PhD students to participate in our projects, if needed.
We have key competences in the following areas:
- Complex sophisticated data processing
- The formal modelling of business systems in model and process-level
- Numerical methods
- Image processing
- Video streaming
- Hardware development and implementation, integrating devices in new combinations
INITON’s successfully delivered research & development projects funded by different market participants, the Hungarian public administration or the European Union demonstrate our relevant experience.
Virgo Systems: Personalized Online Content Offering and Broadcasting System (2013)
In the Virgo Systems projectwe received a mandate to perform R&D tasks related to testing methodology in which the following areas were included:
- Overseeing program correctness verification methodologies, examining their applicability
- Selecting the testing tools and quality assurance tools used during the full life-cycle of the project
- Development of the methodology that verifies the correctness of applied algorithms
- Exploring test databases and corpuses available in Hungarian and other languages
- Researching automation of environments, test assistive devices and infrastructural trends
Pannon Science: Mobile Notification System (2013)
In the topic of user behavior and analytics, our research objective for Pannon Science was to make an overview of customer context information that can be collected with mobile application platforms, evaluate this information and investigate the opportunities where the notification system can be used.
Our method regarding the identification and creation of user profiles covered the following areas:
- Collecting mobile application usage data and determining the scope of collected data on mobile devices (e.g. applications usage analytics, location information, data connection coverage, multimedia data scope)
- Working out opportunities of data aggregation and of profiling on devices by reviewing the high-dimensional data aggregation and data management methods and opportunities
- Development of mathematical algorithms / models and processes needed for profiling, starting from data cleansing and structuring processes up till possible profiling methods
As a result of this research project, we developed a design methodology for context-dependent notification system and developed brand new algorithms.
Virgo Systems: Managed Community Test Center for Mobile Application Testing (2013)
In the framework of Managed Community Test Center for Mobile Application Testing research & development project by Virgo Systems we have participated in the preparation of server-client communication specifications by carrying out the following main activities:
- exploring possible communication protocols, documentation of results
- introducing communication protocols
- Establishing the decision factors between protocols and supporting the decision-making
- creating data models
- presentation of data models (description, language elements / syntax, examples, information about security)
- Establishing the decision factors between models and supporting the decision-making
We have investigated and presented three communication protocols and five data models in details during our work (basic properties, pros / cons).
Artklikk: Augmented Reality Mobile (ARM) Application (2012-2013)
On behalf of Artklikk a cooperation on an exciting futuristic area took place. We have participated in every aspect of the project related to augmented reality mobile application design and development and performed the following activities:
- feasibility study creation
- application design
- automated testing
- system integration.
MTA SZTAKI: Topic Map (2005-2006)
One of our outstanding research subject is the development of Topic Map experimental technology which is an efficient, XML-based knowledge representation model.
We have created this web-based portal system based on the mentioned model in order to handle the Networkshop conference publication materials which is highly related to our portal system.
The essential feature of this technology is a standard structure-based display layer, which provides fast and efficient searchability for the users. This system can optimally be used for representing other conferences, publication materials, or any general information set which is unorganized in some aspects.
The Topic Map project is our implementation of a standard knowledge representation technology in collaboration with MTA SZTAKI researchers.
This system is mapping the uploaded documents using an ontology-dictionary, defines the closely related topics for each document and based on this information establishes an association-system. This could be performed automatically or manually, in this case, the system supports the operator’s work. In the first case, the program connects the more important words and expressions of a document to links, which refer to related documents, furthermore it puts a link-section to end of the text. The links refer to other documents related to the subject. Thus, this system makes the documents uploaded to the system database “hypertext-like”.
In the latter case, this solution is interactively cooperating with the system operator in order to precisely build up the links between the documents and making suggestions for the build-up links between different materials, which suggestions may help the operator during his organizing work.
This system in the future can be prepared to gather documents’ and articles’ meta-data as well (such as the author’s name, address, contact information, abstracts, etc.).
Topic Map technology advantages are coming from its standard structure: simple visualization and quick, efficient searchability.
This system can be used at any conference or to organize data of online publications, as well as to effectively represent a general information set which is unorganized in some aspects.
The IniMat customer service platform provides a brand-new customer service method to the customers/citizens. With the use of IniMat terminals, administration can be performed with no personal presence at all or with remote assistance 24/7 for multiple service providers in the same time.
The platform is operating on terminals which offer broad range of functionality. The clients are able to arrange their (pre-defined) issues with the help of terminals. The system is ideal for the automatization of any administration and certification task that now requires personal communication ranging from the identification by IDs, printing and signing of contracts to the delivery of data for customer service. Voice and camera connection, banknote accepting and dispensing, credit card reader and certificate printer functions support the administration process.
From technological aspect, the IniMat platform consists of all-around-purpose customer service terminals, central management server, optional number of business functionality servers, and optionally linked workflow server as well as supervisor and operator workstations. Its key features are the following:
- The business logic is not implemented in terminals, everything is downloaded, interpreted, and executed from the business functionality provider server in real time.
- Providing enhanced support for execution, monitoring and logging of distributed processes (including manually executed elements by the operators).
- The implementation of necessary general services for the operation of the business functionality is happening with the cooperation of terminals and central management completely hidden from the Developers of business logic.
- The platform enables the use of standard web application as servers providing business functionality, therefore it is not necessary to develop new systems to use these terminals.
- Terminals can be extended with additional components which are using same the operational concept.
IniMat is protected by domestic and international (PCT) patent application. IniMat is developed exclusively by domestic cooperation and funded by the Új Széchenyi Terv.
“Mobil Video – Live video content generating system for social communication services” project’s main aim was to develop a system which creates and distributes social mobile content.
The project’s main directions covered the following areas:
- Telepresence via mobile phone
- Live public information sharing
- The user as community content provider (content generation and quality control)
- Defining critical video content-mass
The mobile video consortium founded for the project was led by Artklikk Kft , from the academic side the Intercollegiate Centre for Telecommunications and Information Technology (ETIK) participated. This project was funded by National Research, Development and Innovation Office as a part of Jedlik Ányos Program.